At our school, we provide a curriculum which fosters excitement, natural curiosity and robust understanding of the world around us.
Taught through the three key strands of chemistry, biology and physics, our curriculum supports pupil’s acquisition of core skills and knowledge. This in turn then provides children with the fundamentals needed to help them: thinking scientifically; gaining an understanding of scientific processes, and; understanding the uses and implications of Science today and for the future.
The Science Curriculum at The Victory provides pupils with:
- An exhilaration for science, that stimulates natural curiosity and the thirst for learning.
- A deep and robust understanding of the core concepts of Chemistry, Biology and Physics taught through theory and practical exploration.
- Understanding of a wide range of technical scientific language that helps pupils to underpin their thinking and allows them to reason their thoughts.
- Grounding in core features of scientific enquiry that allow pupils to tackle science led questioning about the world around them through dialogue and exploration in a child led way.
- Learning that challenges thinking, deepens knowledge and inspires a new generation of scientists.
Science Curriculum Overview