At Victory we use Charanga Music Scheme, this is an online and interactive scheme that the children really enjoy.
The curriculum is divided into six areas:
· Listen and Appreciate where we listen to a range of music and work out how they were composed and performed.
· Explore and Create where we learn different skills such as pulse, rhythm, pitch, dynamics tempo, timbre, structure, texture and notation.
· Singing where we learn to sing a range of songs in different styles, from Classical to Reggae, Latin to Rock and Choral to Funk.
· Playing where we learn notation and learn to play Glockenspiels.
· Improvisation where we play along to the songs we are learning.
· Composition where we use our knowledge and skills to make our own music.