Children research to find out how other artists have expressed themselves before learning new skills and applying these to their own work. They are given the opportunity to express their own ideas, feelings, thoughts and experiences confidently through painting, drawing, print-making and sculpture. We aim to develop confidence, value and pleasure in Art.
Children have been involved in many Art projects which have gained media coverage. Recently, these have included:
- The Skin Deep Project at Royal Navy museum in Portsmouth’s historical dockyard
- The Portsmouth Recycling Competition in which they won first prize
- The Design a New Christmas Stamp Project which they extended by writing persuasive letters to the Queen! The Royal Press Office interviewed some of the children and the story was printed in the press
- Designing and creating Friendship Benches for our school grounds
- The Rags to Riches project where they were invited to exhibit their work at the Kings Theatre and met the cast of the show