The Published Admission Number (PAN) is 60.
School applications must be made via the County Council: Portsmouth CC - Admission to Primary School Process
If the school is oversubscribed, applications will be considered first according to the following priorities in the order set out below:
- Children who are looked after by a local authority (i.e. in their care or provided with accommodation by the authority for a continuous period of more than 24 hours). Children who were previously looked after but immediately following being looked after became subject to an adoption order, residence or special guardianship order.
- Children or families who have a significant medical, physical, psychological or social need. Evidence must be attached with the application. Applications under this criterion must be supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional involved stating clearly why the preferred school is the most appropriate for the child and reasons why other schools in the city are inappropriate. All applications received under this category are considered by a multi-disciplinary team of the local authority.
- Children living within the school’s designated catchment area. If the school cannot admit all applications from the catchment area, priorities 4i to 4iii, will be used.
- Children living outside the school’s catchment area in the following priority order:
- Children who have a brother or sister (living within the same household) already on roll and who will still be attending the school the following academic year:
Note: this category does include step-brothers/step-sisters, adoptive brothers/sisters living within the same household or children whose parents are married or cohabiting and live together within the same household (see additional information).
- ii) Children attending a feeder junior/primary school for secondary transfer applications only;
- iii) Children who live closest to the school, based on the shortest distance from home to school, measured ‘as the crow flies’. (This distance will be used where necessary to prioritise applications- see additional information).
Note: should the school be oversubscribed from within any of the criteria 4i to 4ii above, then distance as given in 4iii, will be used to prioritise applications within these categories. Should there be two or more identical distances requiring prioritisation, this will be done by casting lots ( See additional information)