2017/2018 - £18,000 (approximately)
Purpose of the grant: to fund improvements to the provision of PE and Sport, for the benefit of primary aged pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
At The Victory Primary School we employ a full time Sports Co-ordinator Mrs Kath Unitt. Her role is to:-
* Model good practice and coach staff to improve their teaching of PE
* Coordinate the provision of a wide range of sporting activities both within and outside the school day.
* Identify opportunities for children that will encourage them to engage in sporting activities that they would not have otherwise taken part in.
As a result pupils at The Victory benefit from outstanding PE teaching and a wide range of sporting opportunities. Mrs Unitt will provide a brief report on a termly basis to explain the impact of the grant on pupils PE and Sport participation
End Of Summer 2017/2018 Term Report
* Newly Qualified Teachers have been given CPD to enhance their delivery of PE through team teaching.
* Rainbow Fish class continuing with their swimming lessons.
* Children identified as gifted and talented in PE have been selected to represent the school in city wide competitions.
* Sporting Links forged with Portsmouth Tennis Centre, Sama Karate and Premier Sport
* Attainment raised through children competing in various competitions run by Portsmouth Schools Sport Partnership resulting in the under 11 and 10 boys footbal teams finishing in the top three and the girls finishing second.
* The school has been given the prestigious award of 'best stage presence' in The Junior Dance Off and also achieved the 'best team' award in the Cheer Off competition.
* Extra curricular activities have included: Boys and Girls Football, Karate, Dance, Multi-sports, Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Netball, Athletics and Basketball.
* Successfully retained the Sainsbuy's Gold Mark in October 2017 for our contribution to sport
* The under 11 boys football team won the Paulsgrove Cluster competition.
* All children have participated in the one mile Sport Relief Challenge and raised £579 for Sport Relief.
* All year 2, 4 and 6 children are given the opportinity to improve their swimming with specialist instructors.